Moved to the Canary Island, graduated university, got my driver's licence
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I decided to go vegan for a month in January and haven't gone back to being vegetarian since. I also did more sports and worked out pretty regularly before moving. My resolution would be to find a full-time job and do more sports, especially yoga again :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy, Croatia, Slovenia and Spain.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A well (or at least paying... let's be honest here) job that fulfills me.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
15. March Handing in my Bachelor's thesis
29. October Moving to the Canary Islands
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating university and passing my driver's liscence
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finding a full-time position in my field.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just some small things.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Can't remember anything tbh.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The people at my first internship this year as they were truly amazing people (at least most of them!) and I miss them dearly.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? worried?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Driver's liscence, travelling and living.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I feel like I am losing the sensation of being really excited. Moving to the Canaries was just something I did.
But I was pretty excited about seeing Jeremy Loops live!
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
"Down South" by Jeremy Loops, "Magic Seeds" by Iwan Rheon
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier I guess
ii. thinner or fatter? not sure, but might be a little heavier
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Meeting new people, having good wine.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spend the morning at work, skyped with the family at home, went to dinner with my sister and mother and spend a quite Christmas at their appartement.
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Grey’s Anatomy (always), The 100, How to Get Away with Murder, Black Mirror, Game of Thrones Season 6
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, only people I don't really care about much.
26. What was the best book you read?
The only books I really read was the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Still gotta finish the last book tho.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Iwan Rheon, who is such a babe.
28. What did you want and get?
A job abroad even though it's not exactely the one I wanted.
29. What did you want and not get?
A paying full-time job in my field.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Ex Machina. Re-watched all the Harry Potter movies this year and enjoyed them more than the first time (loved the first four, hated the rest. Still hate the last one).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. Skyped with a friend and my mother, bummed around at home, got a surprise gift at work and went to dinner with a friend.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting payed for my work.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Turned in a jeans and sneaker kinda gal.
34. What kept you sane?
A good cuppa tea, delicious wine and good music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The killing spree in my home town, the U.S. elections, the Brexit, the war in Syria... there were so many things happening last year.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The people at my first internship, Katja, does Bello the stray cat count?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Some day we’ll set sail.